Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Guinness Cupycakes Part 1

Hello! So...for starting a baking blog, I haven't been doing a lot of baking/cooking lately. BUT while watching Star Trek with Dave tonight, I got the craving for cupcakes. I knew SmittenKitchen had posted a recipe for them a few years ago, so I hopped on over and looked at the ingredients list. Lo and behold, we had everything in the pantry and fridge! So, I commenced baking. They are in the oven now and smell amazing! The batter was pretty tasty, too. Dave totally licked off one of the beater bars from my mixer.

I'll put the recipe up with my maniacal additions/subtractions/substitutions when they're out of the oven.

In other news, Dave and I took a day trip to Harper's Ferry today. I had never been before- it was absolutely gorgeous! Such pretty views... and I forgot my camera...guess we'll just have to go back soon!

We stopped for Indian food (Dave's unfavorite food) from a restaurant about 2 minutes from el apartmento. I had Chicken Tikka Masala- waaaay more spicy than I am used to, but the Samosas were DIVINE! And the na'an was really good, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment